EPX & Sketchup 2016 Pro

After upgrading to 2016 Pro I noticed export to EPX was “deprecated”. I’ve almost been able to work around this by using 2015 pro to export. However, the aspect ratio of the image is slightly off between 2015 and 2016 even when adjusted in the export options. Since the width and height are aspect locked the only way to really try and match is to window size adjust the two programs which is still not precise.

Anyway to disable the width/height ratio lock or better yet…bring back EPX export?

you can adjust your model viewport to any aspect ratio you want…

that sets the figures shown when you export, not the format…

john

@kwahhn

I found a epix.rb script for SketchUp on the Piranesi UK website. Although it states that it is for 2014 & 2015, I did a quick test on 2016. With Piranesi / Vedute installed, the plugin seems to export a valid epix file.

If you want to test it for yourself, the script should go into the following directory:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\SketchUp\SketchUp 2016\SketchUp\Plugins directory

CD

Thank you both for your help. Adjusting the view port didn’t help. Export was still slightly off from the final image produced from VRAY-sketchup.

The export script would work fine if I had the recent version of Piranesi. We’ll just have to purchase that at year’s end to get things running as usual.

However for the time being I just went ahead and uninstalled vray for sketchup 2016(and every computer I use for distributed rendering) and shifted a notch down to sketchup 2015.

Thank you again.