Eneroth View Memory

After several requests I’ve now finally made a plugin that can export and import scenes. The plugin handles camera position, hidden layers, section cuts, style, fog, shadow settings, geo location and axes location (did I miss anything?).

In addition to exporting the data to an external file it can also memorize and later recall any of this information, somewhat similarly to the how memory of a pocket calculator is used.

The use cases varies from re-using a style and fog you really like in new models to compare different design options and create consistent views among numerous models as shown in the video.

There’s a 14 day trial so you can test it out without having to buy it first.

Link: Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

Enjoy!

6 Likes

I just realized I forgot to mention one of the key use cases. When copying your work into a blank file as a work around to some strange SketchUp behavior this plugin can be used to also get the scenes into that file so you don’t have to manually re-create them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Another very handy use case I realized today: after accidentally updating an existing scene, rather than creating a new, a new instance of the same model can be opened (as read only), the scene can be exported and imported back into the working model.

1 Like

Long time no update!

I’m glad to present version 1.1.0 today, now with support for SketchUp Tag Folders. Sorry for the delay!

https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/7f6577c2-634c-4adb-afa9-a3b2e5d38a99/Eneroth%20View%20Memory

4 Likes