Before any of you just write “it’s a known issue”, no this is not:
- it’s neither here under “known issues”
- nor this one Selection Tool process is slow, unbearably slow
- nor this one Selection Tool broken by Windows 10 Creator (1703) Creators update and Work Around
- nor this one Selection tool does not work for a face
- nor this one Problem: Select tool not working (Win10 Intel HD4000)
- nor … yawn
- nor the “camera view to infinity” issue that is a known bug
I actually search before I spend time to write anything. Yes.
That out of the way, here’s what we encountered on the secretary’s computer running win 8.1 with make 17:
- ALL worked well, always.
- Only SUDDENLY neither right-click nor selecting an item works
- NOT slow, I said neither of that works at all, all of a sudden
- we work a lot with keyboard shortcuts. Maybe hit a “magic keystroke” that produces this behavior? google & co can’t find anything though.
- last thing done: right-click to save a created component to “disk”
- Orbit and other tools still working fine
- Other models still working fine
- Restarting the SUDDENLY problematic model did not improve the situation
- the tooltip hint for Select tool still shows up at bottom of screen
- now the weirdest bit noticed: since this odd sketchup behavior, we have a dotted long rectangle OUTSIDE the model that we have not drawn ourselves (not knowingly). This is not this topic: https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-e&ei=gvlDXsiXPJPa9AOcr43oDg&q=sketchup+what+does+a+dotted+or+dashed+rectangle+mean
And it is not clickable either, no.
Question: Has anyone else experienced this oddity, ever?
Does anyone know of an “accidental” keyboard shortcut that will produce this Sketchup oddity?
I still see a chance that it’s just a user input error, no bug. But either way, it shouldn’t happen. Because it keeps the user’s “productivity” focused on trying to solve an issue USING Sketchup at all.
Happy to provide the suddenly problematic model if needed. Size is only 606kb. It’s originally a download from 3DWH, but so much improved it’s now ours.
Yet WAY not finished. Hence a shame it stopped working out of the blue.