DXF files for CNC are coming out very segmented, despite exporting in 3D DXF

UPDATE: THIS IS NOW SORTED. KEY IS TO MAKE SURE ‘PARALLEL PROJECTION’ IS SET TO ON AND VIEW IS ‘TOP VIEW’. THEN EXPORT AS 3D DXF. THANKS ALL.

Hi everyone,

ive just signed up as one of the sketchup techs suggested i did after requesting their help with an issue.

I have drawn some parts on sketchup go, and id want to export them as a DXF to have them cnc plasma cut. Only problem is, the CNC shop have said the files are no good as they are very segmented and all over the place… ive downloaded in both 3D and 2D, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to get smooth lines for the CNC machine!

If anyone can help/shed some light on my problem it would be very much appreciated.

Ive attached the 3 DXF files so you can see what im talking about, i can upload the SKP / STL files if that helps???

FYI, ive printed these models on my 3d printer and they work absolutely fine as an STL, its just the DXF thats the issue.

Thanks in advance!

GT40 Gurney.dxf (94.3 KB)
gt40 brake caliper.dxf (103.1 KB)

This is the third file

gt40 brake caliper spacer.dxf (123.9 KB)

Yes, you need to attach the .skp files.

no worries, here we go

gt40 brake caliper.skp (52.6 KB)
gt40 brake caliper spacer.skp (44.0 KB)

and the last one
GT40 Gurney.skp (33.6 KB)

im not sure what you mean by this? i saved your file to sketchup, then exported in 3d dxf but its still the same as my current model.

when drawing arcs, take care to start at the end of the previous arc or line.
Be sure to be tangent to the beginning and end of the arc (magenta arc).

You may have to adjust the drawing several times to achieve this, but it’s important.

In the export options, take care to export lines only. Uncheck face export

gt40 brake caliper V2.dxf (40,8 Ko)