DWG To Sketch Up 2021 issue

Dave

Sorry to pick your expansive SU brain again…

Is there any sort of ‘array’ tool in SU? I’m wanting to place more bolt holes at 100mm centres on the plates and the only method I seem to be able to employ is measuring each one, which is time consuming…

Is there any way of drawing the circle once, then having it placed multiple times at given centres?

N

Is this the thread you think was deleted as spam.

Array is done using the move tool and ctrl, start moving the hole with the move tool tap ctrl and it will become a copy, let go and type the distance you want and hit enter, then type the number with x (5x for example) and hit enter.

Yeah, That was mine…

I can sort of get it to work, but there are still issues that I don’t understand… ‘Can’t push/pull smoothed or curved surfaces’ pops up randomly on some of the circles, not all … just some. and the surface hasn’t changed…

It’s maddening…

You would benefit from running through the fundamentals at the Campus

Sage words.

I actually went right back and started again from scratch and using the advice I’ve been given I had it sorted in 10 minutes…

I think I was trying to do too much to an already complete model.

I will deffo be looking into learning more on SU as I am discovering the true potential of it and I have to say I am impressed.

Cheers

N

2 Likes