DWG Distortion

I have this problem when exporting a DWG from Rhinoceros3D and importing it into Sketchup. Despite ensuring that everything is straight and square in my DWG, upon importing into Sketchup some of the elements become totally distorted and morphed. I have no idea how to fix this because I’ve flattened the drawing; imported and exported from AutoCAD to try to resolve the issue, used plugins to align the axis and so far nothing has worked. I’m not sure what’s happening, but I’d like to just have the drawing straight and square when I import it.

V4.dwg (1.8 MB)

Distort how. Show us what you see after import. This is what I see when I import your file.

This first image is what happens when I import it into Sketchup. I’m not sure why the walls become totally warped when I import them, but they’re straight in Illustrator, Rhino, and AutoCAD. Sketchup is the only program that has this distortion.

This image is what the DWG looks like in Rhino.

Some of the wall outlines are drawn as splines instead of regular polylines. The importer seems to have its own special way to treat splines and their control points.

1 Like

I got better results by opening the DWG in Rhino, selecting all curves and running the Convert command. I also deleted the hatches as SketchUp won’t import them anyway.
v4b.skp (1.6 MB)
V4B.dwg (2.6 MB)

That seemed to be the issue and your answer seemed to be the solution, thank you!