Draw dimension tool not functioning well

Hello,
I have rectangle with some thickness formed as a group and I want to draw the length dimension of the rectangle, I can see the line, with the measure displayed, but when reaching the other end of the rectangle and I click, it still continue to follow the movement of my mouse. I cant freeze this dimension to start another one.
What can cause this problem ? How to solve it ?

Have you disabled displaying edges? Meaning that you can see the group and all its faces as a rectangular block but with no edged displayed there won’t be endpoints for the tool to grab on.
Maybe only the first one that was still in memory and serves as a first grab.

When I have trouble getting the dimension tool to “grab,” I often use the tape measure and
put a guide point parallel to what I’m measuring. The dimension tool will latch on to a guide point. Then, I delete guides, and you can easily see what’s being measured. Of course you have to start with an end that hasn’t been grabbed by the dimension tool beforehand, or the
move tool jumps in the way. I also found it useful to double click after setting a dimension to make an annotation when I want to point something out.

Please share your SketchUp file so we can see what is happening.

Well, Now I have another problem which prevent me from opening SketchUp Pro. When I try to open it I have a windows saying “You have exceeded your allowed activations”. What is that ??? I sent a request for help to the company but I presume I will have to wait until Monday to have a response. So I cant do anything until this problem is solved.

You are signed in on too many computers.
Please clarify your profile, SketchUp Go is web-based and Sketchup Pro is a PC-based application.

Thanks for your message, but I only have one computer.

You may be able to fix the issue in the Account management Portal

You have previously run the trial version of SketchUp 2020 and 2021. Each of those would count as a sign in. Either follow the instructions here:

https://support.sketchup.com/s/article/How-do-I-remove-activations-from-my-license

or, open 2020 and then 2021, and make sure you are signed out from both. You may still need to sign out and back in again to 2023, for the authorization to be created again.

Thanks for your suggestion. But I bought first SketchUp for web in paying directly without to go through the trial version (because I used a trial version already one year before for which the time for it ended and never bought it at thet time.
After buying the web version, one day after, I realised that the Pro version was better for me and asked SketchUp to cancel the web subscription and replace it by the Pro version. They never bothered to asnwer me. So I and the only choice of upgrading the web to the Pro version by paying again a second time for the pro version (but with a small discount because I had the web version). At the end I lost nearly $80 for not having bought the pro version right from the begining.

But as I said, I only have one computer in which SketchUp was installed.

But as Colin wrote, you’ve signed into multiple SketchUp versions and each versionsign in counts toward the total number of seats you get. You need to release theold versions. You can do that in your Trimble Connect Account Management Protal.

Well. I will get in touch with them today. I was away frome home during the last few days and could not handle this issue.