Double line tool?

I am bad about sending bug splats but think i may have sent one. It seemed silly to send a bug splat about a tool that says it is not up to 2021

Apreciate all the help. Thanks much. its not an end all but I think that the tool would be helpful for making quick plans of locations.

Try this one: Double Line v6x

“It is now recoded for compatibility with MAC & PC and suitable for v8 to >=v2015.
TAB (up) now opens the dialog on MAC and PC.”
http://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=93296#p93296

Or 1001bit Tools

dli-02

Thanks Mihai,

the double line v6x seems to sort of work. There is no icon that I can keep in a toolbar so I have to pull down the tool from the menu bar each time. It also doesn’t show the thickness of the line until I click enter. As is, I am not sure that it is more useful than just drawing a single line of the interior measurements of a space and then coming back in and giving it wall thickness. The 1001 bit tools looks good in the gif above but when I try it, it requres that i set up a profile (aka give it height) and that is what i am trying to avoid at this poin in the modeling. I will play some more and see if maybe the double line tool might be helpful. Thanks again.

Hi,

I have develop 2D line extension

https://extensions.sketchup.com/extension/972c2805-59f4-4819-bd27-9d034666568d/2d-wall

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Or you can assign and use a shortcut key

dli-07

You are not required to set any profile nor height

dli-06

1 Like

Thanks. I played with 1001 wall tool again and see that i don’t need to set a height but it is still very twitchy. I click something and everything disapears and so forth. I think I want something that the author says is good for 2021 and maybe also my M1 chip. That said, the doulbe line does work. I will see if i can find something that meets that criteria but i may set up a short cut for it. That is something i shoud do more of. Really aprecitve of your taking the time to help. The Adebeo 2d wall looks good. I will see if it has a free trial or easy cancelation. Happy to pay if it is something that will be of use to me but want to establish that first. Best, Todd

Hi Denis,

Looks like it might work for me. Unfortunately, the USA is not in the pull down menu on the order page where i need to choose my country in the payment. Lert me know, Todd

Thanks Denis,

Can I not purchase it in the US? I am on the site but it doesn’t have an option to choose the US in the countries list.

Best
Todd

Good morning. Well had some silly issues yesterday that i seem to have worked out. Seems like the feature that will work for me is the V6x double line tool with a shortcut. I have that set up but somewhere in the process, the menu that les me choose wall features has disappeared. I have tried removing and reinstaling to no avail? Any ideas what i have doen with it? I can set width trough the measurments window but the other options on the disappeared menu are no longer availble to me.

For what it is worth, I considered the Adebeo extension for 2d walls but it is $70 on the US site with no support and no clear way to have it refunded on the website if it is no better for me that the other free options. Pathetically, it took me a while to find the US site. Thanks again.

Figured it out. Thank you all.

For what it is worth, I use the rectangle tool. Just draw a simple rectangle the width of the walls
you want to draw, make this a component, call it ‘new wall’ or whatever you like. This can then
be placed (and rotated as required) where you want your walls to be and scaled to the required length.
Once your plan is complete you can either explode all the wall components and/or just select one ‘wall’
component, if you want a 3D model, enter the component and ‘push/pull’ to the chosen wall height
and lo and behold all your walls transform to the same height! very quick and easy.

Thanks for your feed back. we setup the website for us few week ago (before vacation). We discover that the price have been change on the us website due to the translation.

According you remark, we will clarify condition.

Just joined the community. I am unable to find exactly where to post my questions. however, the question is: can I draw a double line with sketchup pro 2022?

A quick search of the Extension Warehouse will turn up an extension to allow you to do that.

thank you.