Does anyone know how to contact the person presenting this video, or can anyone help me my problem?

I have followed a video tutorial from the person presenting this video tutorial (link added). It works fine up to a point. How can I contact him? I see no contact details at video.

The only problem is that when I add a texture to the back of my bag, the front correct image suddenly flips = meaning it has a mirror effect.

The presenter of the video do not say how to do both sides. I am not sure why the front image which has worked initially as should, has a sudden mirror effect. Can it be to do with the touching of edges which appear seamless causing this to happen? This is what I think but I am a beginner!!! What can I do to prevent this mirroring on 1st correct image (front of bag)?

Maybe anyone can help me out with the steps? :thinking:

EDIT: added images

EDIT 2: separated back of bag from front to work on them individually - hopefully this will work.

Thank you in advance,

Laura

BACK OF BAG - NEW TEXTURE

FRONT OF BAG - CORRECT INITIAL IMAGE

FRONT OF BAG - SUDDENLY MIRRORED AFTER ADDING BACK IMAGE

BACK PART OF BAG - SEPARATED

EDIT - ADDED NEW IMAGE OF BACK OF BAG WHICH IS SEPARATED
FORGOT THE BACK WAS IN 2 PARTS

VIDEO FOLLOWED

There is something vaguely familiar about the face, perhaps @TheOnlyAaron knows who it is.

1 Like

ROTATION tool drives me really nuts!

BACK PART OF ENVELOPE - TEXTURE CAN’T BE SEEN (LEFT)
FRONT PART OF ENVELOPE (RIGHT)

How about uploading the SKP file?

Saco1 - try add texture9–2AA.skp (2.7 MB)
Saco1 - try add texture9–9AA.skp (2.0 MB)

I have uploaded the front and back of textured envelope.

But I want to do more of these envelopes with different images later on. I really didn’t think it will be such a process to get the parts together. If you can direct me of the steps it will be much appreciated.

The front part is wrong I see now. The envelope part on top and end is missing. You can see it on back part. :roll_eyes:

Is this what you are trying to do?

If that’s it, I think you need to spend some time learning how to use the Rotate and Move tools starting with much more simple shapes. The process is not difficult but you need to learn the fundamentals first.

You’ll also find it easier if you group the geometry for each side so you don’t accidentally join geometry before you are ready for it.

Yes, exactly like you have done now!

The rotation is really hard to handle. As you said, then I have to start learning these tools.

It won’t be hard to handle when you’ve learned how to use the tools. Leave these for now and work with simple shapes until you are proficient with both Move and Rotate. As it is you’ve been wasting your time and getting frustrated because you haven’t taken the time to learn the basics.

1 Like

Yes, indeed so. I thought the video of chips (texture part) would have helped but then only partly. I should follow the basic tools videos instead.

That video is great for someone who has gotten past the very basics of using the tools in SketchUp.

Got some videos to show the “deceivingly complex rotate tool in Sketchup” as someone mentioned at his video. And I am start learning now at age almost 64! :blush:

Here’s a quickie I posted earlier.

Here’s another one that shows you how to orientate the axis of rotation by click and drag.

@Box - thank you for these rotate methods!