Disparition de mon travail au complet

I know this is a very late reply, but I came to this topic based on roxanne’s new post which might be the same problem.

There was a bug in SketchUp that would cause leader texts to zoom off to infinity if the face they attached to was edited in certain ways. Afterward, most zoom operations would cause the SketchUp camera to move back a similarly arbitrary distance trying to include these texts in the view. The bug was fixed in 2019, but is present in all earlier versions.

If anyone cares, here is the evil lamp with all those texts removed. I also fixed a lot of reversed faces.

Evil Lamp.skp (619.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi Slbaumgartner,

No worries we can talk in englih, thank you for your quick answer ! It is quite a big file, with a lot amount of work, i am praying that you will be able to help me !

Thanks again,

Please, find the file attached below

comnbrias echelle.skp (2.5 MB)

The version I have is 2020, so if you say the problem has been fixed for the latest version, I am not sure this problem would occur here. Moreover I did not integrate any text or " object" in it…

ce-rescue(SU2020.skp (2.5 MB)
Don’t you use groups and components to make the 3D model?

No I did part of my plans on autocad and than uploaded them on sketchup where I transformed them on 3D plans

It’s okay to create your plans in Autocad and import them into SketchUp, but use them as a guide for making the 3D model.

Start to learn the basics of SketchUp, about groups, components, tags (layers), to work much more easier and correctly.
It is generally recommended (especially for beginners) not to assign tags to raw geometry, but only to groups and components. Also, when modeling, take into account the orientation of the faces, that is, always have a front face outwards (white), and back faces (blue) inside.

Holy cow, this is a picture of my plan ! Were you able to recover it ?

Regarding the component, yes I think it was a mistake to assigned tags to individual forms rather than the whole thing. I was planning on doing it but I kept losing part of my elements in other tags, because I believed I sould have do it right away…

I am not sure to understand what you mean about the white and blue face though ?

I gave you the model 30 minutes ago - ce-rescue(SU2020).skp

In SketchUp, as in Autocad, the tags (layers) are for visibility, but keep in mind that in SketechUp the geometry is sticky and that’s why you have to group it, and assign the tags to groups and components.

The faces have two sides, front face (white) and back face (blue).
Go to View > Face Style > Monochrome and see how your model look now.

Start from https://learn.sketchup.com/ to understand and learn to use SketchUp.

Ho right ! I just missed the file ! Thank you so much, words won’t be enough to express how much I am grateful. To get an idea I almost throwed up yesterday when I realised I had lost the entire plan !

So according to you, it desappeard because I did not use component ? How did you manage to find it again ?

Possibly but that’s not what I said.

I used Camera > Zoom Extents

set-05

Keep in mind that it will take much less time to redo the entire model correctly than to continue to struggle to work with what you have now.

Thanks ! Maybe I am going to redo it again than :slight_smile:

Bjr
je rencontre un réel problème que beaucoup de personne se sont confronté g lu plein de commentaire et essayer plein de truc mais rien ne marche . En faite en insérant un composant de 3d tout mon plan a disparu pas moyen de le retrouver . Je pense qu’il est encore là mais je le vois pas pouvez m’aider svp ? G un exam bientôt et je n’ ai envi de tout recommencer :pray::pray::pray::pray:

Vous devrez télécharger votre fichier .skp. S’il est trop volumineux, vous devrez utiliser un service de transfert tel que Dropbox et publier le lien ici.

I am asking to upload the .skp file so we can see it. At least that’s what I think I’m asking. :crazy_face:

Ok merci beaucoup je vous envois ça dès que possible :pray::pray:

Il est probable que le composant que vous avez inséré est très grand, ce qui fait que votre modèle est probablement un petit point perdu quelque part.

Il serait possible de supprimer le composant et de faire un Zoom Extend pour pouvoir retrouver le modèle. Une autre possibilité serait d’utiliser la Structure pour localiser le composant fautif et le supprimer.

À l’avenir, je vous suggère de charger tout nouveau composant dans un fichier distinct afin de l’examiner. Il est ensuite facile de faire un copier-coller d’un fichier à l’autre pour l’insérer dans votre modèle.