Dimension numbers change after moving

i made a dimension and after move the dimension the mumbers change automaticly.
What i made wrong?Dimension change by moving.pdf (198.1 KB)

Your PDF doesn’t provide anything useful. Are those dimensions shown before or after moving. What part of the dimension are you moving?
Which direction? If you disconnect one end of the dimension from the model, the dimension will change. If you don’t want that to happen you have to ensure you aren’t disconnecting the dimension from the model.

The second pic is after moving!

You can see how the dimension numbers changed! Why?

Bitte beachten Sie ab 01.08.2017 meine neue postalische Adresse!

Best regards

Konrad Lentschig

Scanbox # 04461

Ehrenbergstr. 16a

10245 Berlin

Mail: mailto:Lentschig7@gmail.com Lentschig7@gmail.com

Mobil/ WhattsApp: +49 1520-749 5075

I repeat: If you disconnect one end of the dimension from the model, the dimension will change. If you don’t want that to happen you have to ensure you aren’t disconnecting the dimension from the model.

In the second image you’ve clearly disconnected the dimensions from the model.

OK! I have understand.

I can’t make a windows over the dimension and move it away from the model.

How you do it to adjust a multiple dimension line?

Best regards

Konrad Lentschig

Scanbox # 04461

Ehrenbergstr. 16a

10245 Berlin

Not if you want it to stay connected to the model. If you just want to make the extension lines longer, select the dimensions and drag the edge of the blue bounding box as you would withe resizing a viewport or anything else.

Yes I did.

I must move the dimension over the triangle if I like to move all together!

Thanks for the great advice and being so polite

Best regards

Konrad Lentschig

Scanbox # 04461

Ehrenbergstr. 16a

10245 Berlin

Hi Dave.

A question that you can give me an good advice.

If I make an section detail for windows or facade. Do you make this in the SUP Model or you make a new SUP model. If yes, I can connect more SUP model on layout?

Thanks!

I would make it in the existing SketchUp file so if the model gets edited, you’re less likely to miss updating.

Yes, you can use more than one SketchUp file in a LayOut file.

good advice: please do not post personal information like phone numbers and email on a public forum, which could be roamed by bots.
If you plan to use the specific detail more often, perhaps it is better to make a separate file, you can save the Component (right click, save as) and insert that model besides the one you have in LayOut.
If it is a very specific situation (different facade built etc, you can make some extra scenes within the model itself. Have a look at how Nick Sonder approaches this:

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.