Did I muck up my settings?

That’s a good question.

When I get home I will try that. Shortcut key is simply to just type the letter “C”, correct?

So I’ll try hitting “C” and then type number of segments.

I Also did not try simply closing and reopening the Large Toolbox yet. I bet that is going to eliminate the glitch.

OK everyone.

I can now report that using the shortcut key does work properly. But resetting my Large Toolbox display did not fix that one.

It’s weird but no problem. I’ll just use the shortcut key so thanks for the idea, John.

Very strange that only on my desktop this is an issue.

a leap in the dark… did you have a dedicated mouse driver of the maker of the mouse installed maybe driving the focus to the presumed control (here measurement box).

Hmmmm. Not sure. I just use a standard logi-tech wire mouse and have never forced a certain mouse driver.

I wonder if it has to do with the Windows 10 updates causing a conflict and maybe it does have to do with mouse or other peripheral devices?

Window’s 10 is updating like very 2 weeks and sometimes when starting up has failures.

Oh, I just remembered something. Every now and then I get a major Nvidia graphics driver crash while using Sketchup. I wonder if I need to update my graphics card and maybe the graphics driver is causing some feature issues with sketchup?

I have had problems with W10 basically not recognising some hardware and simply installing the most basic driver it can (or not installing any driver at all). I would recommending actually going and finding the specific mouse driver.

I remember a lot of topics where the deinstallation of a specific mouse driver was the solution for a problem with SU, so I wouldn’t recommend this step.

I remember all those posts recommending using the default MS mouse driver, but never followed that advice. In order to fully use all the functionality of mice I get, the manufacturer driver is required.

Once I experience a very nasty mouse driver issue - which only affected SU performance. Installing a new driver fixed that problem.

Sounds like the same mean little guy who flipped me off for no reason on the 405 in LA.

-Gully

2 Likes

using the latest nVidia driver version is obviously the first thing to do if affected by issues in this area… for evaluating if the video sub-system causes the issue, just disable “Window > Preferences > OpenGL > Use Hardware Acceleration”, if problem vanishes the driver causes the problem.

I have the same problem except sometimes it works and I cannot figure out why it works sometimes.
I have windows 10.

I have made it worked all the time. Just precisely follow the format for specifying the dimensions. If in doubt draw manually and see the dimsnsion box on the left bottom corner.