[Deprecated] Excel Reports - without the need for csv

check this file, which contains two doors, each has 3 classifications, ifc2x3, NAHB costcodes and projects:
I changed the owner in the Dynamic Components Options, does it reflect that in the excel, as well?

ADDSKC

PIPETSKC

MultiSKC.skp (258.3 KB)

(tip: the skc’s are embedded in the Model: [menu]Window->Model Info->Classifications
choose export and a place to store :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I Just needed to add 2 more headers to my template to have the classification in them:
Classifications.NL-SfB 2005, tabel 1 to get the nlsb classification and Classifications.Projects to get the project classification.

Individual parameters per classification are not yet exported. But, that should be pretty straight forward. I am more looking at, UX wise, how should I add that. Right now everything is dumped into 1 sheet, containing a row per element. I could imagine you are not interested in really every parameter, so adding those you are interested in to your template should not be that time consuming. Let me try to get the owner in there somewhere this week. I will name the header Classifications.Projects.Owner and it should just pop in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, heck:

Any classification scheme and any classification scheme specific attribute. How does that sounds @MikeWayzovski

1 Like

I will ping @nnijmeijer

1 Like

It looks good and it is great that you can extract data from the 3D model so quickly.

But the danger of this type of data export is that it becomes an information island. Because who can tell me that this data is still correct with the data from the 3D model or vice versa?

Personally, I prefer to manage the data for your process for as long as possible in the source file where this data is generated. If something changes then you have direct insight and control over your process.

But if you have to make an export, this is a very nice extension.

1 Like

@nnijmeijer I appreciate your feedback, and, I agree that data should be treated in its source, for as long as possible. Now, who knows how this extension will evolve. Right now it just exports data to Excel, but, maybe at some point it could be part of a more interactive workflow.

I have uploaded V1.0 to the extension warehouse today. I do expect a bug or 2, but, I think this could be useful already at the LOD I have it today.

1 Like

congrats!

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-15 om 15.57.02
congrats!

Can you imagine one software package that solves it all?
You will alway’s need a system and the lesser steps needed, the better.
This will reduce a step or two.

1 Like

Yes… I gave myself a birthday present :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, here is a movie showing v1.0:

1 Like

Thanks to the @anon77361920 team for approving the extension: Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

EDIT: not available anymore. If you are looking to gain great insight in your model’s data I would recommend a tool such as 3DBI: 3DBI for SketchUp | KG-dev
It also allows you to bring that data into Excel, if needed: Generate interactive dashboards and reports from SketchUp models in Microsoft Power BI - #8 by kengey

1 Like

Hello kengey
Can I try your xlsx-dumper? Link is not working .
Thank you

Hi @mozarov, I have stopped developing XLSX dumper in favor of 3DBI: