Delete all faces of a model

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know any plugin to delete all faces of a particular group selection?

Or does anyone know any technique to leave only a few specific objects/components in Wireframe?

Tks very much !

The following would work for non-grouped meshes or meshes that are inside 1 group only:

• Turn off edges

• Select All with Ctrl+A

• Delete

• Bring back edges

Tks for the time.

Is there any way or shortcut to select all the edges of a group with only one-click?

Erm… I did a quick search in the Extension Warehouse for you and there’s CLF Select Outer Edges by Chris Fullmer and Selection Toys by ThomThom. I haven’t used them personally, but I hear they’re great, as are all their plugins.

Without a plugin, I presume my workflow would still work. You’d want to

• Shift to Wireframe mode
  • Ctrl+A to select ungrouped geometry

CLF Select Outer Edges doesn’t find all edges but only the naked edges of the mesh (those connected to just one face). Selection toys could be useful though.

However, what I would recommend the most is to do exactly what Vahé said in the first response.

• Untick View > Edge Style > Edges
  • Press Ctrl+A (note that this selects all visible geometry but not the edges since these are hidden)
  • Press delete
  • Tick View > Edge Styles > Edges

Allowing to perform composed tasks like this with one click or one key press isn’t an option - there just isn’t enough space on the screen or enogh keys on the keyboards for all combinations of actions people would want to use. However you could add a custom shortcut to toggle edge display, e.g. Shift+k, and then perform these taks only using shortcuts to speed it up. To add a shortcut, go to Preferences > Shortcuts.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I tried all the suggested ways and the one that suited me best was the thomthom plugin, this guy is a genius.

Thank you very much.