Dae import incomplete

But doesn’t the missing geometry seem to appear when you do a v8 import ?
Although there is a report that a validity check has failed the import itself seems to be OK ?

We don’t have a ‘benchmark’ of the original SKP to compare the the imported DAE geometry.
However, there is clearly geometry missing in a >v8 import, when it’s compared to 3rd party app import or a v8 SketchUp import.
Are you saying that what is imported that way is still wrong ?

No, Import is on this way ok and there no components lost.
But if I use the check Option by importing I get nothing.
If I get an info, what timber is corrupt and what is corrupt, maybe I could fix it in our Export.

It has not been established the " timber" is the problem? I imported the dae to MeshLab then exported dae back out with no materials and can open in SU2015 with no missing geometry. However MeshLab does not like that import. It reports 0 vertices with NAN coordiates and 24 degenerate faces which it auto corrects during the import.
TIG keeps asking by implication for the skp file. Can you not post that?
BTW I did get a slight difference vs.TIG. After opening with SU 8 and then export that from SU8 as DAE I can open in SU2015. I want to test that a few times to make sure first was not random success.

You misinterpret me.
I can import the DAE into SketchUp v8, then subsequently export, or open it in another version etc - as you do.
It will then open fine in SketchUp > v8 after it’s imported from DAE in v8.
Thus it is something in the DAE itself that chokes >v8, but is fine in v8 itself !

It would have been very helpful to have had the original SKP - which had been used to make the DAE.
But since the OP chose not to provide this, we have had to work by induction from the DAE itself and results from various imports or other 3d apps.

But with my ‘expert-witness’ hat on…
I think it beyond the bounds of reasonable doubt that although the original DAE has undeniable issues - probably as a result of the original SKP [or equivalent app’s ‘model’] having indeterminate problems - the problem lies with SketchUp > v8…
It does not report any errors in the import and simple misses out geometry with NO warnings.

Hi,
I don’t have an original SKP file, because the Export is from our Software (viskon Project). SKP is Destination System for this Export. Our costumer want to share the Project with architecture or other collegues, which don’t have Viskon. Our costumer wants to make a better visualisation in SKP, too