Thanks for all the discussion. This has been niggling me for months, this is finally causing me to spend some more time to get clarity on what’s not working.
So I just confirmed with the SDK’s XmlExporter.plugin example, compiled on macOS 10.14.6 with Xcode 10.3 (both latest shipping versions), running SketchUp 2018 Version 18.1.1180
copying it to:
/Users/wave/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2018/PlugIns
does NOT show up my 3D exporters, but if I move it to:
It does show up. This agrees with my memory of trying to use the local version and it failing (I believe it used to work some number of years ago).
I then tried this same process on SketchUp 2019 Version 19.2.221.
copying it into:
/Users/wave/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2019/PlugIns/
I didn’t see Xml as an export option, and if I copy it into the app bundle it shows up as an exporter.
With this setup, I then tried to build my latest version of my plug-in, and it doesn’t load into either.
- the local install option does not work. I wish it did.
- the example plug-in does work once installed in the app bundle, while my exporter doesn’t. So that puts the blame back on me, where I like it, as I can debug that
I do code sign my plug-in (since I put a binary on the web), and the example is not code signed, so that might be related. That also may be why older binaries from my GitHub repo do load.
Another bread crumb, that perhaps someone at SketchUp w/access to the plug-in loading code - when I run SketchUp in the debugger, I see:
Cannot find plugin in /Applications/SketchUp 2019/SketchUp.app/Contents/PlugIns/USDExporter.plugin
which implies that there’s some failed handshake between SketchUp and my plug-in. Would love to know what question it’s asking that my code is answering wrong…