Creating Walls on speaker box

Hello, I am new to the 3Dprinting world. Just got a QIDI X-Plus and have been able to print without issues. Using sketchup Pro 2020 I have designed a speaker box for the car. My issue is it has a sloped front/sides. I have created the posterior box area, front and rear extensions and the bottom extension wall. Up to that point I have successfully printed models of the speaker box to that extent. When I add in the walls all kinds of things happen, I have lost rear floors, sides. I have uploaded the first file 91.5 kB that prints fine. The second is when I try to add the walls. I was planning on printing the front face separate.

Thanks for any help!
Newbie Steve

floor speakers box with top bottom and forward extensions.skp (91.5 KB) floor speakers box with top bottom and forward extensions and sides.skp (97.2 KB)

The main problem is that you are missing the interior faces and the top edges of the sides of the box. If you get those faces and make sure there are no internal faces within the geometry you should be good.

DaveR, was wondering about that, but since I made the walls 2mm thick figured that would take care of it. Is there an easy way to fix interior faces, not a topic I have come across yet. But will look it up.

Thanks

The upper section of the walls aren’t 2mm thick in your model. They only have the outer skin.

Your model had a lot of excess geometry but was missing the needed edges to create the inner face. Compare your model to this one.
floor speakers box with top bottom and forward extensions and sides.skp (94.4 KB)