Create a "fillet" on a chair leg

I am trying to figure out how to create a complex curve which is the transition from one plane to another on a chair leg. Here is a photograph of the “fillet” on an actual chair, that I am trying to re-create in Sketchup.

Here is a view of how I have substituted something much simpler in my model, that doesn’t look great.

Here is the file for my model in Sketchup 2022.
Dining Chair.skp (2.2 MB)
What’s the best way to do this?
Thanks for your help!

I guess if I were modeling that leg I would model the volume of the material to be removed in that cut down the front of the leg and use Eneroth Difference from Eneroth Solid Tools to cut away the waste. Since you already have the other features modeled in the leg you could just draw in an arc and stitch the vertices to the outer corner with the Line tool. Turn off Length Snapping in Model Info>Units. That’ll make your modeling easier to do.

Screenshot - 4_29_2023 , 1_00_20 PM

Out of curiosity why is your model below the ground plane and at a distance from the origin. Why is it side on for the Standard Front view?

Click in sequence on the scenes tabs of this SU file for ideas.

Fillet on a chair leg.skp (276.3 KB)

Dave,
Great question. I can’t remember why the chair got rotated. Easy enough to rotate it back to the standard view.
I like your solution to my question. I have not used that tool, so I will look into it. It looks like this should be pretty easy.
Eric.

Great potential solution. Thanks for showing me in your model.
Eric