Crash & Rectangle Dimension Issue in Sketchup Trial Version on MacBook

Rectangle.skp (1.9 MB)

Looking at it now and I don’t see anything wrong with the file. The rectangle will look small when you zoom the camera back so you can see the rectangle and the image. You can zoom in on the rectangle if you want to show it larger on the screen. do you want the long side of the rectangle to be 23’ 7-11/16"?

I took a look at it, too… Seems fine, though the scale of the image is a bit off…

@Linda11, can you explain exactly what seems to be incorrect?

Right. However, when I zoom to maximum it takes my imported plan off the page so I can’t see it.

Thanks for your assistance…

Right, the scale is off, is there a way to fix this?

You could make the floor plan image smaller so you can see both at the same time.

There’s nothing wrong with the scale of the rectangle. It is just fine.

OK Thanks

Think of it like this: You’re looking through the viewfinder of a camera at the stuff in the model space. You’ve got the Grand Canyon and a person standing on the opposite rim. If you show the entire canyon, the person will appear very small. If you zoom in to show the person as large in the frame, you can’t see the whole canyon.

Got it, thanks so much!

1 Like

What about the crashing issue? Any suggestions for this, it has happened twice when clicking at the origin point of the rectangle?

Try working with this SKP file. You should be able to trace the plan right over the image. That’ll let you look at it while you are drawing.

As for the crashing, are you getting Bug splats when it happens? Are you sending in the reports with something to help identify them like an e-mail address?

OK thank you.

Yes, Bug splats and I have sent the reports but no email, will do next time, if necessary.

It’s hard for them to help you if they don’t know which splats are from you.

I understand that.

So one last thing: this is an image from a tutorial I’m taking, the rectangle is of a room with smaller dimensions than mine, yet it is a much larger rectangle.

How does Sketchup know if you’re in putting inches, ft., or using the metric system?

It’s not really larger. It is compared to the image because the image isn’t as large as the one in your file.

Initially the units are set by the template. You can change the units in Window>Model Info>Units if you wish.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.