Crash #17275

So I keep getting a crash when I switch to Hybrid in Layout. Is this due to how umpowerful my computer is?

I have a 2012 Mac , 2.3 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7,8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB.

Is this simply the fact I need a more powerful computer??

You don’t mention which Mac OS you are using. I believe Apple stopped supporting Nvidia in 10.12, and SketchUp 2021 needs 10.14. However it is that you’re using Nvidia in 10.14 may be part of the problem.

But, it’s also possible that there is something about your model that would crash for anyone. Are you able to make a single page LayOut file that still crashes when you go to hybrid? If you can, would you be able to upload it somewhere for us to try?

I used to have a 2012 Mac until I upgraded late last year. Like you, I found that choosing Hybrid could cause LO to crash. It didn’t happen often but enough to be annoying. I haven’t had that since upgrading so I guess the new system handles the graphics better.

Ok thanks fellas! That makes sense. This 2012 mac i have just wont last forever…but I got alot of millage out of it.

Yeah its a 2012 MacBook Pro. I think your right about about it being out of date hardware. I guess the first stage of grief is denial…Thats probably where I am : )

2 Likes