Cotty's 3D printing adventures

I know when I print holes (If I want them to be snug) I will model them smaller than they need to be, then drill or tap them… by putting in the holes the slicer adds material there… drilling out a regular piece of printed geometry is too weak to use for mounting or anything.

3 Likes

Yes, it is :wink:

hole

2 Likes

Every time I watching your 3d printing gallery, I am making something for my home with my 3d printer :smiley:

1 Like

Can’t stop printing…

11 Likes

Pull the power plug :electric_plug: out

4 Likes

Ok, I will print an anti-pull-plug protection next …

5 Likes

There are a huge number of great videos out there about 3D printing, but I would highly recommend these two for anyone interested in the subject… I loved to watch those…

2 Likes

Organizing element for abrasives…

(inspired by this video.)

8 Likes

Great video’s, almost all of the ones I watched. Thanks for posting. I was going to ask if you ever used one of his printing examples and now I see you did.

1 Like

I immediately noticed that you use Finnish abrasives.

1 Like

That’s because he likes to give his projects a high quality Finnish. :smiley:

I’ll get my hat…

(I use Mirka abrasives, too.)

6 Likes

I have never thought myself a great patriot, but I like to see people using things made or designed or originating from here. We’re such a small place, less than 6 million people (area bigger than Poland or the UK, though)

1 Like

If you wouldn’t export so much wood, we wood not need to sand it… :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe they could export it pre-sanded. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Some new hooks for the caravan…

SketchUp…

while printing…

and finished and installed…

9 Likes

If the top part of the print was tapered to a point, could you have saved having to do a fill?

which top?

Before…

and after…

(fixed with power strips)

6 Likes

Top, as in the part furthest away from the printer bed. I was imagining a 45 degree slope, which ought to print without needing supports.

First attempt of a TPU damper to support a heavy stone slab as a base for the 3D printer:

Obviously I underestimated the weight :wink:

…the next more stable version is already printing …

7 Likes