Cotty's 3D printing adventures

SketchUp:

Slicer:

Installed:

11 Likes

Your simple solutions to small practical problems are just genious!!

1 Like

I like that idea, I normally just drive a couple of screws straight through them and hope not to hit any metal bits.

Vaguely related

Just today I needed a connection for my extractor to my laser, I could have just cut a hole and stuffed the pipe in but I wanted something aesthetically pleasing as well as functional.

8 Likes

wait. wait.do you do that often ? how are you alive ? :yum: please tell me you unplug them before drilling !

yeah, I remember when the home 3d print tech started to go around, this is pretty much what people said the future would be like.

I should get my hands on one of those someday.

3 Likes
Ummm

Not to Hijack, but…

6 Likes

Not that I haven’t done this in the past, but the feeling with this solution is completely different (better)… :crazy_face:

6 Likes

This little helper allows you to quickly determine the distance between the drawer runners and the front edge depending on the thickness of the front.

13 Likes

Now I like this Ideal . . I now have a few uses for this Ideal to keep the plugs close to the 3D printers ! !

I am building a temperature-controlled box for a photovoltaic battery. In winter it is kept frost-free with a small fan heater, in summer fans are started if it gets too warm. The opening can be opened or closed depending on the season, handle and brackets 3D-printed…

During heating, the air is swirled and distributed by a fan, which is also attached with a 3D printed part:

11 Likes

To be able to pull cables into an aluminum pipe without having to pull along the sharp edge, I printed a two-part pulling aid:

12 Likes

Cable protection and beautification…

Before:

Modeling:

Printing:

Installed:

14 Likes

I would like to see more of your posts about 3D printing. Most posts from other people are about printing decorations and ornaments, while yours are functional and practical.

2 Likes

nice, how did you make these? Curviloft? SubD? Can you show the wireframe?

left one with follow me, right one with Curviloft. I will add wireframe images when I’m at the PC…

1 Like

Some more cable protections…
all different and all perfectly adapted :wink:

9 Likes

New drinkers for the bees, summer can come…

9 Likes

I have made a new chicken waterer, a lid with rainwater collection was still missing…

10 Likes

To prevent a raccoon from pushing up the flap to the hens’ nests, I designed a hook that has to be lifted to open the flap.

9 Likes