Convert SKP to PDF or JPG in SketchUp Free

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to convert a SKP file to a file that is 2D that I can open outside of SketchUp Free, such as a JPG or PDF? If so, how? Thanks! (I’m super new to sketchup.)

Topic covered. See:

Thanks for the quick reply. So, does that mean there isn’t a way? A screenshot is my only option?
According to the link you provided…
Unless I am missing something, looks like SketchUp Free only lets you download SKP file or STL.

At this point that’s the way it is. You can install SketchUp 2017 Make on your PC or Mac and open the SKP files in that to export image files.

What is SketchUp Make? Is it free? I only see free or pro

or for schools

Make 2017 ins also free. Like SketchUp Free, they are for hobby use only. You can get Make 2017 from Download All | SketchUp

Thank you! I downloaded it. When I opened it, it said its a 30 day trial of Pro? So I can only use it for 30 days?

Well, assuming you actually downloaded and install SketchUp 2017 Make and not SketchUp 2017 Pro you can use the 30-day TRIAL of Pro for 30 days. After that it becomes SketchUp Make.

I downloaded make.
How do I open the SKP file I have saved in SketchUp Free in Make?I have saved it to desktop. And then from Make I go to Open, I can see the SKP file but its gray, won’t let me open… Im probably doing it wrong.
Im sorry for all these questions. Im not very tech savvy, clearly, and am super new to SketchUp. I really appreciate your help.

The SKP file from SketchUp Free is compatible with SketchUp 2018 and thus can’t be opened in an earlier version. Upload the file to the 3D Warehouse from SketchUp Free. Then open the 3D Warehouse in Make 2017 and download the 2017 version of the file. The Warehouse automatically converts the file for use in SU2017.

WOW! Awesome! It worked and now I can export as 2D. Thank you thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.