[Poll] Control rendering of model viewports globally

Control rendering of model viewports globally.

The main part of this proposed feature would be …
A global render setting dropdown control in Document Setup > References tab.

But three possible implementations …

1. The rendering setting of a viewport could be set to “global” for global control, or still have a specific setting. This allows some viewports to be excluded from global control.

The listed references could have a column that shows what the model viewport render setting is (raster, vector, hybrid or global.)

When the user is setting up and authoring their LayOut document they could have the global render for all viewports (whose setting is “global”,) set to raster for speed.

When they are done and ready to print, plot or export, they can change the global setting, and LayOut would cycle through all viewports (whose setting is “global”,) changing the setting and rerendering the views.

2. The global setting always overrides ALL viewport render settings. Model viewports still have the same 3 choices for their individual rendering.

Next to the global render setting dropdown control in the Document Setup > References tab, is a checkbox labeled “Global Rendering”.

• When this box is checked all viewports are rendered per the global setting.

• When unchecked, the individual viewport render settings apply.

• Any change causes the appropriate rerendering of affected viewports.

This implementation would not absolutely need to have a new “Render Mode” column for the references list.

When the user is setting up and authoring their LayOut document they could have the global rendering switched ON, and set to raster for speed. (Consider this a “draft mode”.)

When they are done and ready to print, plot or export, they switch OFF the global rendering (unchecking the box,) and LayOut would cycle through all viewports (whose setting differs from the global setting,) rerendering the view(s).

3. This implemetation would combine both solutions (above) by adding a “Force explicit inclusion for global control” checkbox. When checked this causes solution 1 to be active, instead of 2. A “global” choice will appear in individual viewport render selectors. If a viewport was previously set to “global” during the session, it would switch back to it’s “force” render setting.

When the “force” checkbox is unchecked, solution 2 is active and the “global” choice does not appear in individual viewport render selectors. Any viewports having “global” selected when the “force” checkbox is unchecked revert to their previous session setting, otherwise to the default setting.

(Ie, during a session, viewports have a “force inclusion” and a normal setting kept. Devs might consider saving both settings so they’re cross session.)

Both solutions need the Global render control checkbox selected to be active.

PREFERENCE POLL

Choose one … :ballot_box_with_check:

• I prefer (1) and want to perhaps exclude some viewports from global render control.
  • I prefer (2) and want global render control either ON or OFF. (I have no need to exclude certain viewports from global render override.)
  • I prefer (3), a feature that combines both solutions by allowing me to choose which method of global rendering my document uses.
  • I don’t need global render control myself. Individual render control of each viewport is fine with me.
  • I have no opinion on this proposed feature.
  • I do not care for this feature. (Other proposed features are more important to me.)

0 voters

Thoughts ? Ideas ?

• One idea I had after a while is a global render toggle in the View menu, so as to allow the assignment of a keychord shortcut.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.