Constructive Criticism on Unfinished Skate Park Design

I’m trying to design a skate park (for fun). I’m trying to make something that I can feel proud of, so my ideas are coming kinda slow and I’d really appreciate some constructive criticism. What do you like/dislike about the design so far? What would you add/remove? How can I improve the style of the park? How would you change it?

I want to make a ramp over these chains, but don’t know how to make it look cool or where to put it. Also, I want one of the poles to be a pole jam. And I want it to look like a natural street spot.

I’m kinda going for a natural vibe with lots of vegetation and shade. I want a wall with ivy on it somewhere…

Sorry about the clutter in the background and stuff… It’s still a work in progress. I designed this handrail.

Thanks for the critique! I really appreciate it. Even if you don’t know how to skateboard, your opinion is still valuable to me. It’s interesting to read about what non-skaters think about the skate park because it’s a different perspective. I agree that having more soft surfaces and less sharp corners would make the skate park safer. Skateboarding is definitely more fun when you don’t get injured. I want to keep most of the obstacles safe, but there are a few dangerous ones for the experts. Some skateboarders don’t feel challenged enough, unless there’s a difficult obstacle. The bench seating in the skate park is actually a feature that skateboarders would be frequently doing tricks on, but I think the park also needs spectator seating for people to relax or supervise their kids. Also, I think it’d be great to have a beginner section for Grandparents with only easy features to ride on, such as flat ground and stuff. Most skateboarders are accepting of other skaters regardless of their skill or lack of skill. They’re usually just happy to find someone who shares their interest in skateboarding.

I’m loving the constructive criticism. Keep it coming. Here’s an update.

Hard stone blunt ends are going to break legs. (If a skater runs directly into the end of any of the stone walls.)
Concrete and stone are abrasive and will tear up skateboards. The skaters will not care for this. Usually large diameter steel piping is used for rails.

Holes around trees and bushes can catch wheels, cause tumbles and break limbs as well.

It is not a good idea to have rolling surfaces suddenly end with drop-offs.

Not every skater is good at jumping steps, so always have several (which is more than a couple,) of ramps through the steps.

Basically you need to think like an insurance actuary.

There seems to be on the web about this …

Google search : skatepark design guidelines

… of which these look good:

Thank you! In one of your resources, I read that “Skateboard runs should be clearly labeled as to degree of difficulty.” In snowboarding, they clearly label runs based on difficulty.
24%20AM
But I’ve never seen something like that at a skate park. I think labeling the difficulty of obstacles with metal signs would be a great way to keep people safer at the skate park.

imagehttps://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQaUykzKbm-wpaQa15etFZUX-DhzSRZE3XPhmJnm1yNvNnKGV0
The thing with warnings is, were does it stop?

I would suggest adding some steel angle to the concrete corners for grinding. Fresh (sharp) concrete shreds up boards and trucks until it’s worn down, smooth, and waxed. Maybe add some skating elements into your aesthetic pieces. The best skateparks let you use every part of the park and giving each aspect of your layout the ability to be worked into a run will make it stand out. This is a super cool project though, I’d love to see it when it’s finished!