Computer slowed down after uploading a plugin from Sketchucation

I just recently upgraded my Graphics Card to G Force RTX 3090 to increase my computer performance especially after installing Vray.

The computer has been running very well, extremely fast. I just uploaded the plugin Shape Bender from Sketchucation, As soon as i did that my computer basically has gone into first gear moving at a snails pace. Can anyone offer any explanation on what happen and how to fix,

Does it return to the previous speed if you disable/uninstall the plugin?

Shape Bender v0.6.1 by Chris Fullmer [of SketchUp] has been around in its current form for about 8 years.
It’s available from the Extension Warehouse and SketchUcation’s PluginStore/ExtensionStore³.
It does nothing in the background that might slow SketchUp down in normal use…
I suspect it’s not the culprit and something else if causing your problems.
Try disabling or uninstalling it and restarting SketchUp and see if that changes anything…

1 Like

Is it still slow if you restart sketchup?

Hi Thanks for the reply Yes still slow even after i restart my computer

Did you install SketchUp 2022 correctly? That requires right clicking on the downloaded installer and selecting Run as administrator from the context menu.

Like TIG, I suspect Shape Bender is a red herring. Did you try removing it, though?

the computer is still slow even after removing the shape bender plugin

So it’s not Shape Bender.

Which version of Windows 11 are you running? Are you running the Insider version?

Windows 11 22H2 update were also happened recently. I’m 99% sure that is ruined up the graphics driver. Go to Nvidia site (or open Geforce Experience app if installed ) and update your graphics card driver.

1 Like
  i just had a complete service done to my desk top computer   they

re installed windows 10

Maybe correct your forum profile while it’s fresh in your mind.

Did youdownload and install the latest drivers for the RTX3090? Have you looked at the Task Manager to see what’s running and what hardware is working hard?

Windows 10 updates also happening in background… so same rules apply: Reinstall your graphic driver from Nvidia site or by Geforce Experience app!

1 Like
I will try   reinstalling the graphics card   and doing some tests on the computer      thanks very much for mentioning this

Reinstalling an OS usually requires days of driver updates before everything is even close to working properly.

1 Like