Close down this account

Close ASAP down this account. I have had enough of the hypocrisy.
Or Let me know how to close it. I cannot find it in the setting.

1 Like

What hypocrisy are you referring to?

Terms of Service - SketchUp Community

## 13. Termination

SketchUp may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your www.sketchup.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.

2 Likes

When I offered another solution to some who was having issues with Vray mainly www.brighter3d.com my post was stopped for spam and being irrelevant, But when a sage posts a comment telling SketchUp users to use Revit. I asked them to remove it and instead they remove my request.

1 Like

You had been asked several times to read the forum rules but never earned the badge for doing so.
Then you broke those rules and complained when other members enforced those rules.

Now, once again you use the smallest of openings to again break the “drive traffic to other websites” rule (in the Terms of Service.) So again you earn a flag for spam.

3 Likes

Where was that?

1 Like

Your “solutions”:
Q: My V-ray render is too dark. How do I correct it?
You: Buy Brighter3D
Q: The shadows in my Twilight render look weird. Why?
You: Buy Brighter3D
etc.

5 Likes

I never said Buy Brighter 3D. There is a free version.
I have use the other rendering programs myself and I could not get light into the room no matter what I try. Always dark renders even in Articad. Brighter3D has a solution for this called portals.
In my option I had spent a lot of wasted time on these other rending programs. So my solution is valid.
If a plugin for say “welding edges” has an issue I would recommend another plugin. It just another option to try.
But it looks to me that Sketchup has back Vray and any other solution to render is be marginalised.

1. Go to sketchup.com
  2. Click in the top right “Sign In”, and again in the top-right menu “Manage My Account”
  3. Click “Edit Profile”
  4. Click “Would you like to remove your account completely?”

does this affect signing into google sketchup desktop?

The early licenses work with a serial number and an authorization code. 3D Warehouse or geolocation won’t work with them anyway.

1 Like

I use 2020. Will never upgrade because of the subscription policy.
Just need to know if I close my account can I use sketchup without having to log in?

This would delete her sketchup account not her forum account, though. I don’t believe she wants to do that!

That is not “Google SketchUp”.

I think your best move — if your goal is to be done with this forum — is to simply leave and not return. I actually don’t think you should leave, but I certainly did perceive your posts and comments as marketing rendering software. Like others did, I considered flagging them as spam. This is a user based forum and posts are flagged by users it’s not just moderators.

Version 2020 of sketch-up

I flagged someone for promoting Revit and my post got block.

Give a link to that thread so others can use their own judgement.

1 Like

Yea I remember the first time one of my posts got flagged…

oh brother

This is so offensive. LOL can I have it removed?