Circle tool - wrong dimension

@ TDahl, yes I can see what you explain. When moving the mouse the line turns green the circle is drawn correctly.
Problem solved, thank you !

I fail to grasp why this only happens when forcing the circle tool on an axis though…

As I said before:

You shouldn’t be dragging the radius of circles out in random directions anyway. That creates other problems as you model.

DaveR, you mentioning your wife’s birthdays saved my butt. Wife’s birthday is in two days and I had forgotten all about it LOL !

2 Likes

:rofl: It’s a good thing you remembered.

Are you tapping the arrow key, or holding it down?

If you choose the Circle tool, THEN tap the arrow key, before you place the centre, or drag out the axis or type a measurement, you should see the circle change colour to show which axis it will be drawn on.

THEN place the centre and type or drag the radius you want.

I just typed the radius to create the circle, after dragging the circle tool along the green axis an arbitrary distance.

That is the key difference in what the original poster was doing at the start of this topic. They were apparently dragging in an arbitrary (not axis-aligned) direction).

1 Like

I have had this happen at various times in both 2019 pro and 2020 pro at various times. It seems to be intermittent. It was happening when I was drawing many circles on various axes one after the other. Was drawing theatrical truss with webbing, The webbing was on angles parallel to the main truss cords.

1 Like