Changing school domain

Hi there,

For branding purposes, we want to change our school domain from @laudepalaciogranda.com to @palaciodegranda.es on the 17th of June, and all student accounts will change their SSO access accordingly. We want to do this in a transparent way. Is it possible to do that?

Regards

Hi @CaseyG, I’ve seen you helped another school with this problem, would you be so kind to help us too? We’ve got the same problem as @NewtonCollege had two weeks ago. Sorry for bothering you this way, but we need to plan everything before the 17th of June.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards.

@SketchUp_Team I’d like to get some help with this issue. It would be fantastic if someone from SketchUp help us wit this. We are in a bit of a hurry to get everything prepared to do the domain change. Thanks for your help.

Hi @PalaciodeGranda, thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in our reply. I am happy to get your domain updated to @palaciodegranda.es right now, but I can’t seem to find an entry that matches your previous domain. We can approach this a number of ways but the simplest one is for me to just create a new entry on our end and see if that works.

As I was able to locate your website and get all the info I needed from it I will create the new entry now and you should be all set to deploy the app on your new domain if you have not already done so. Just make sure not to skip. any steps as you deploy the app as that can cause issues later on.

Hi @CaseyG what do you mean that we have no entries? We have SketchUp for Schools, there should be accounts with that domain.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the post @PalaciodeGranda. Our database only tracks domains for firewall purposes. We have no information on who is using SketchUp or what they are doing with it and definitely don’t have the ability to see individual student accounts. All of that is handled either by Google or Microsoft depending on your environment.

Just deploy the app on the new domain and you should be all set to go.

Thanks a lot @CaseyG !! I’ll tell you if we have any issue.