Change Axis on Multiple Groups Without Exploding

I have a model with over a thousand groups that I need to reset the axis for each group without exploding them and losing them as individual groups. It’s a map of parcel shapes that came in on an angle to reflect real world geographic orientation, but the angle makes it hard to work with. Is it possible to reset the axis to more closely reflect the master axis in this file?

This free extension may be helpful Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse.

4 Likes

Worked perfectly and instantly. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Hi, sorry to bump up this thread, but I can’t make this Extension work?

What should I do to make these groups be aligned to main model axis?

Clicking here does not seem to have any effect.

The OP wanted to reset the axes and the extension did this, and you want to align the groups to the main axes. Different stuff.

If by aligned, you mean the alignment of the faces of the groups to the axes, then use another extension, according to the situation

And if you want to align the bounding box to the group, look for another extension

You could use selection toys or S4U components to convert all those groups into components then edit one of the instances and all the others will be affected as well.

1 Like

Sorry, I misspoke. I mean Aligning the groups axis to the object. Like what you did in your second video manually.

The same thing OP asked for basically, so that scaling and other things are easier with an aligned group.

Thing is I have different sized objects. Cubes was just an example.

// edit

In fact, you can use the respective extension - Eneroth Line Up Axes
(under certain conditions)

Or you can also use this extension - s4u Reset Axis

2 Likes

Thank you! Both work!

I guess I will be using Eneroth’s Line Up Axes because $15 USD for this is nuts.