Cfileexception 1 -unable to open file. What do I do?

I have a couple of drawings that suddenly are unopenable with a “cfileexception 1” message appearing on screen. The thumbnail for the drawings are visible so I’m hopeful the file is still there. I’m on 2017 and don’t have any sync with Dropbox. I could have been auto-saving during a crash. What can I do to retrieve the file? Thanks

I don’t really know what this means, exactly. I think it’s to your advantage to get the file uploaded here… because someone on the SketchUp Team might be able to sort things out for you.

That’s not to say that it will happen, But judging by my own account, I’ve seen more successful recovers coming from the SU team members than I have from regular users.

Sync capabilities aside, don’t you still have a file sitting on your hard drive… and can’t that file be uploaded to this forum… or to your dropbox account as a manual process. If there is an issue with file extension not being recognized… then maybe you can try to archive the file into a zip package… and upload the zip package instead.

Thanks Jim. I just included the Dropbox detail because the only things coming up on Google searches mention that Dropbox syncing may be the problem. Do I just upload the file to the forum?

Yes,

with the upload icon, or even drag and drop into the reply box works as well.

upload

Sometimes, a (anti) malware is messing things up.