Can't zoom when lock axis (mac)

On my mac, Sketchup 2017, I can’t zoom when i move an object and lock the axis with the shift key.
But I can when I lock with the arrows!

I do not have this problem on my pc.
Thank you for fixing the problem :pray:

I can. Your profile just says IRIS graphics: what model computer, and really no graphics card? And what OS version?

I thought this had already been reported? I can reproduce it on my mid-2012 MBP retina with NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, macOS Sierra 10.2.3. I think it is macOS swallowing shift+scroll wheel events.

Same machine, @slbaumgartner. What am I doing different:

1. Open a blank file with Chris (2017 template figure)
  2. M for Move tool, begin moving Chris along red axis, hold down shift.
  3. With Chris locked to red axis, trackpad 2-finger zoom in & out

I don’t have a mouse handy to try it with middle scroll wheel, so hopefully that’s the issue. I’ll try that tomorrow.

MacBook Pro Retina, 13 pouces, mid-2014, 3 GHz Intel Core i7
Sierra 10.12.3
Intel Iris 1536 Mo

Yes it work fine with 2 finger on the trackpad.
But It doesn’t work with the mouse wheel
I knows the trackpad and short keys are a good solution on mac. But it’s easier with a 3 buttons mouse :slight_smile:

@Barry it’s only with a scroll-wheel mouse. The trackpad works. This is not just SU, it’s the same for any app that responds to the scroll-wheel, e.g. right now Safari won’t scroll when I press shift. That’s why I think it is macOS swallowing the events, but I don’t know what it is doing with them.

I just tried It’s true!

OK, so on mine, using scroll wheel mouse, I lock, and then yes, can’t zoom. BUT, I can still go to the trackpad (you can use both, you know), and zoom via trackpad.