Can't Type in Measurement Box

stl

Hi Guys, I am trying to scale a 3d model I found online in sketchup, but when using the measuring tape and after selecting an edge, I cannot type in the measurement box to set the scale. I have read a couple of posts on this already, and it is not my num lock, nor anything to do with a dynamic component. The file is an STL I have imported using the extension ‘STL import and export’, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Justin

Are you clicking in the Measurements box? If so, don’t. For resizing you need to click on two endpoints before typing the desired dimension.

Yes I am selecting the two end point first.

And then what?

Sorry. I click the end points of the object I want to scale, I can then see the length of the object in the bottom right hand corner measurement box, but then when clicking on that same box to type in what size I would like the object to be, it is just non-interactive, cannot be typed in. I noticed I cannot do the same with positioning the object as well. Am I just missing something obvious?

As I said in my first post, don’t click in the Measurements box. Click the two endpoints and then just type.the desired dimension. There’s never any reason to click in the Measurements box before entering numbers.

Thank you very much, yes silly me :smiley:.