Can't install rake and splay plugin

Hi- I’ve been unable to successfully load S. Baumgartner’s Rake and Splay plugin on my laptop, (2016 nor 2017 Make) It runs fine on my desktop. I get an error that says it can’t find the rb loader. But the plugin and loader file are located in the correct folder in my computer. Any thoughts? Thank you

plugin folder2

Unfortunately your found one of the few extensions that he hasn’t yet fixed !
By c/c him here he’ll hopefully see this, and fix it.
@slbaumgartner

When an author tests an extension he uses .RB files, so the extension-setup code can refer to that file specifically - however if the .RB is missed off the file’s path it still works…
BUT if he encrypts the RBZ during its ‘signing’ any .RB files become .RBE and then any code looking for a .RB will fail as it’s been renamed…

It’s a simple edit and re-signing…

Thanks so much for letting me know. I assumed it was user error!

Mea culpa! When I updated the signatures so people wouldn’t complain about them being out of date, I fell victim to the default on the EW to also encrypt the source. Alas, that requires a trivial change to how the code is loaded. I’ll get to it as soon as I can, but it might not be until tomorrow morning.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it.

Try it now. I think it is fixed (actually bothered to re-install it on my computer!), but let me know if you have a problem.

1 Like

yep, that’s it! Thanks again,
Michael