Can't install - here is the problem

I have run into a VC Runtime Minimum issue. window cannot find it.

Are you running the installers by selecting the installer’s icon and choosing “Run as administrator” ?
Do you have admin powers ?
Even so try the Run as… method…

no and yes it is my computer

You haven’t explained all of your steps to get into this tangle.

This is my guess…

You downloaded the updater exe file - it’ll be named something like 'vc_redist.x64.exe’
It is in your Downloads folder.
You must select its icon, right-click > context-menu > Run as administrator
Having admin powers and double-clicking the icon is NOT the same thing…
That exe then runs and it installs its various components, using a ‘/{xxxx}/packages’ subfolder which it creates in the ‘C:/ProgramData/Package Cache’ folder.
Proper admin rights are needed to ensure this operation works successfully - hence the exhortation to ‘Run as administrator’… just being the admin is unlikely to be sufficient…

All complex exe installations [including SketchUp itself] must always be done using ‘Run as administrator’…

Just tried your instructions have tried both sketchup and reinstall the c++ as admin did not work. Any other suggestion call me 2019612670

Leo

FWIW, The 14.0.24215 installation is possibly failing on the attempt to uninstall the older version 14.0 24212

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall{FAAD7243-0141-3987-AA2F-E56B20F80E41}]
“DisplayName”="Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 x64 Minimum Runtime - 14.0.24212"
“DisplayVersion”=“14.0.24212”

You may have to play around with uninstalling the old version manually or find the microsoft installation cleanup tool. That’s my best guess.

I have tried that too. The program cant identify the problem

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.