Can't edit tag names in Entity Info field anymore?

Just updated to Version 21.1.298 and it seems like you can no longer name tags in the Entity Info field. This was a very quick and easy way to generate tags. I sued to select the component in the drawing and enter name in field and hit enter. Now I have to click (plus sign) in tags, type name, then select component, pull down drop down menu in Entity Info and select to apply the new tag name. Way more steps for a very common task. Am I missing something?

Nope. You aren’t missing anything. That feature was removed to make things more consistent between PC and Mac. You should take a few minutes to read through the Release Notes to see what else has changed.

Perhaps update your forum profile while you are here. It says you are still using SU2018.

" * (Mac) You will no longer be able to edit a Tag name in the Entity Info Tag dropdown. This is intended to prevent Tag names from inadvertently being changed when looking up a tag or invoking a tool via a keyboard input."

Thanks @DaveR this does resolve that other previous issue as described in the notes. I’ll just have to get used to it.

Yeah. That’s a benefit of the change.

You are right it is really frustrating - now you have to use 3 clicks more to make a
tag ! it is not more consistent - it’s slow and a step back.