Can't delete geometry

Pressing Delete through this clip.

ouch

Using Make '17.

One more thing: I’ve downsaved from '21. My tag folders have gotten all muddled and now I have no control over my t̶a̶g̶s̶ layers,

Fresh install of Make '17 today. There’s no shortcuts, not even L or P or even spacebar!!! So I reset them, closed preferences and it didn’t work. It just reset them to “No shortcut”!!! this is horrible…

Sounds like a bad install and major issues on your own end. Since we know the install and software actually DO work, the issue is perhaps fixable. Make sure to install the software correctly and that both your hardware and operating system are the right fit for 2017, which is now years old. Good luck, I’m sure many others here will have more specific recommendations for making Make work on Windows.

1 Like

When you install on Windows it must be done correctly, or else things like permissions and remembered settings get messed up.
You can ‘Repair’ your installation…
Ensure SketchUp is closed.
Find the SketchUp-2017 installer’s exe file - usually in Downloads…
Select that installer’s exe file’s icon, right-click > context-menu > “Run as administrator”
When prompted choose the ‘Repair’ option [for a new set up choose ‘Install’]
When it’s completed your saved preferences etc should get remembered properly the next time you use SketchUp -2017

Installing any complex app in Windows in any other way can cause weird and unpredictable issues…
Never double-click the installer’s exe file to ‘Run’ it - even if your user-account has admin powers it is not the same thing !

1 Like