Cannot View Forum on my iPad

Just downloaded the Discourse app. When entering SketchUp or forums.sketchup.com in Discourse connect search, “not found”

Please let us know address you connected with. Looking forward to using app. Thanks.

This is what I have…

Tried downloading Discourse app but get the message that it is not compatible with this iPod. :worried:

Us “experienced” people (OK - retired) with more limited funds, do not always have the resources to upgrade to the latest offerings.

Looks like I am not the only one experiencing the problem though so maybe someone will come up with a solution. :pray:

Okay, have solution.
In the Discourse Connect search bar need to enter full web address of forum:

https://forums.sketchup.com/

Thanks for quick reply.

Wish there was a way to capture what I am seeing/not seeing in Safari on my iPad.

No need, we could reproduce the problem.

Thanks Collin :+1::+1:

You can do a screen capture by pressing the power button and home button at the same time.

Thanks for that tip. I feel pretty dumb not knowing how to do that. :flushed:

I first learned it by accident! “Wait, how did I do that?”

1 Like

The Discourse programmer made a change that might help. It isn’t live on sketchup.com yet, but if you look at their forum and you don’t see a blank page, then there is hope for this forum too.

Try this on your old iPad:

https://meta.discourse.org

1 Like

Just tried it and I was able to see the page so yes that means there is hope. :+1: :clap:

1 Like

I heard that they were going to put the change into sketchup.com, it’s worth trying now.

Sorry for the slow/late reply - it is working again. :grinning::+1::+1:

No problem, it’s only an hour since I posted.

Well, this problem has appeared again. I cannot view the forum on my iPad. :frowning_face:

See if there is anything odd about your setup. The forum looks ok on my iPad.

It worked yesterday and I have not made any changes at all……….

Probably will not mean much to you but I also look at the SketchUcation and Twilight Render forums and they are working fine.

Also, looking back in this forum, I have one of the older iPads and I think that is where the problem arose before.

My iPad is old enough I do no get updates anymore (covered earlier in this thread). I also did not see the setting you pointed out. Maybe that is a “newer” one.

When this happened before, it turned out to be something in the software used for the forum.

Hope it can be resolved again.

No luck on my part.

When I try to look at a page, I see the progress bar at the top of the browser window but when it completes all I see is a blank page………