Cannot login to Sketchup EDU with either of our K-12 Google domains

2021-10-07 08_05_33-SketchUp for Schools
Continually loops to this screen when I attempt to sign in with our domain accounts (@dcsirish.com) and (@goirish.net)

We are getting the same thing. What is strange is that teacher accounts can access, but not students. They are in different organizational units, but all the same permissions. The only thing I can think of is that I have the students marked as under 18 years old. I am wondering if it could be related to that? Bummer that there is no direct contact for support.

1 Like

Did you ever get this fixed? I’m having the same issue. Thanks.

Hi @bernie_noel, sorry for the delay in my reply. This is typically caused by our security software being a little overzealous in its role. I can manually go into the database and set you up as an approved domain just to rule out any potential issues on that front. Can you link me to a school website so I can verify a few things? Also, if you could let me know the domain or domains that will need access I can get you added to the database within the hour.

Our school website is this https://www.swsd.k12.pa.us/ but our google domain is @southwesternsd.org
We don’t use google classroom and have that blocked which is the main issue. Can SketchUp be used without google classroom.

Great question @bernie_noel. I’ll ping some people with your question and post a reply as soon as I hear back.

Hi @bernie_noel , I heard back from the team and you do not need Google Classroom to use SketchUp for Schools. You do need to be a Google for Education user though.

Given the fact that you are a google user, this video may be helpful in getting everything deployed correctly: