Can I use Models I made after subscribing for this year for as long as I need even if I don't resubscribe again

Hello. I’m still new to SketchUp and I want to ask a question, I hope someone can help me. I’m planning on subscribing to SketchUp Pro to be able to use SketchUp as a background of my webcomics on Webtoon. It’s gonna be earning money.

Can I use the models I made on this year after subscribing for as long as I need, even if I don’t resubscribe the following year?

Thanks a lot to those who will answer.

To get a real answer you need to contact legal counsel and have them interpret the terms of use. No one hear is qualified to give a legally binding opinion. Based on the way I read the terms of use I think the answer is no you cannot continue to use your models after you let the subscription expire.

Your forum profile indicates you are using “Free Plan” 2017. If that is true and you’ve been using SketchUp for your described commercial purpose, you’re already violating the EULA for that version of SketchUp.

No, what I mean is I was planning on getting SketchUp Pro for the background purposes. So if I do subscribe for this year and already put it in the comics (png), I need to remove the background png the next year because my license expired?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it.

Again, get someone who is legally qualified to interpret the EULA for you.

My opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

My opinion is worth the same as @DaveR’s, but the one thing you can rest assured of is that if you don’t renew the subscription annually SketchUp Pro will cease to run. That won’t make your skp files magically disappear (unless perhaps you were saving them on Trimble Connect), but that’s a separate question from whether your right to use images generated from them also ends. I’m not qualified to address that last point.

Thanks for answering!

IMO whatever you create with SketchUp remains your property even when your subscription expires, but you cannot use them with the free versions for commercial use. You would then have to find another software that supports the SKP model format to open them. I am no lawyer either. If I write a book that gets printed, Microsoft cannot sue my publisher even if I no longer have a license for Word.

1 Like