I’m stuck in my home design studio and can’t get out.
So…I’m motivated to learn dynamic components and want to start with something that I will use constantly. I chose a face frame. No doors yet. Just the frame.
I have built the basic frame with Left Stile, Right Stile, Top Rail, and Bottom Rail. It is fully parametric on all levels.
I want to now move to adding Mid Stiles and Mid Rails. Mid Stiles WITH Mid Rails is a crazy difficulty in my mind so I’m starting with just Mid Rails: A frame for a 3 drawer cabinet.
I would like to be able to choose if the frame has mid-rails and if so, how many (1-3). Then, to give it some more complexity, would like to add the ability to choose the spacing between the rails.
First off…are there materials written somewhere that I can read about this task and learn on my own?
If not…the steps are these.
- Create option to choose whether Mid-Rails are present
- If they are, a drop down allows user to pick amount.
- If “1” is chosen populate a text box to choose spacing down from top rail
- If “2” is chosen populate two text boxes. First is spacing of first mid rail down from top rail. Second is spacing of second mid rail down from the first mid rail.
- If “3” is chosen populate three text boxes. First is spacing of first mid rail down from top rail. Second is spacing of second mid rail down from the first mid rail. Third is spacing of third mid rail down from the second mid rail.
- When “Apply” is pressed, all “chosen” mid rails populate frame as designated.
Seems like this a function of “Copy” and “Repeat” but I’m not sure how to add the mid rail component into my frame and have it be hidden until I choose the quantity of mid rails that I need.
Thanks for any suggestions