Bounding Box after "exporting"

Explode the groups and regroup, the bounding box will be aligned to axes. Or use Eneroth Line Up Axes to every group.
grp-02
And the flowers were scaled.
grp-04

1 Like

I dunno what widget you have there, but I tried to select the oject, go to edit, selection (at the bottom) and went with explode into single objects. after that I did this again, because it seems there are groups within groups. I ended up with around 85.000single objects (which seems crazy to me). After that I went with rouping again. it didnt change anything. But I have to say, that it doesnt look like in your video though.
edit: didnt see you updated your answer. Let me see

That would do it, Scale Definition.

I used the Anchor Point plugin just to make the bounding boxes more easily visible, you don’t need to use it.

Probably Lumion takes into account the original scale and position of each group and that’s why that very large bounding box will appear.

So I guess the major problem here is, that the flowers were scaled. Because that seems to be the same size as the bounding box I get. So Sketchup keeps the original scale in place?

So how do I set the smaller scale as the “real” scale? sorry for beeing a newb and thank you so much for your time and efforts

If the objects (flower, leaves) were components and not groups, you would have a ‘Scale definition’ command.
grp-06

I searched now and found this plugin for groups, it remains to be tested.
https://sketchucation.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=323&t=50811

And I see that in 2018 someone else is looking for a plugin that works for all groups at once.

awesome. I’ll give this a try thank you.

You’re welcome!

I found this S4U Scale Definition v1.2.3 extension for components and groups.

// edit
I tested it and you can select several groups at once.

So I installed the Plugin and it seems to work with the scale definition. Importing in Lumion results in the same huge box though. I might Overlooked something? But i think it looks like you mentioned right?

Hängepflanze_jardin+colgante_1_2.skp (4.9 MB)

You must use the extension on all groups to set ‘Scale definition’.
This appears to me in the model you shared (_1_2.skp).
scr-03

Okay this is weird. I think the plugin doesnt work properly. When I select all the groups and press the definition button from the plugin its going greyed out. But when I explode the groups again, they have the “reset scale” still availabe.

So i tested it out. If I select a group and hit the button its fine, but only for a couple moments, After selecting another group and then select the defined group, its still resettable to the old scale. So I guess theres a flaw with the plugin?

Probably.

Here’s what the model (DAE) imported into Blender looks like.

scr-04

Try this, I converted the leaves into a single component and set the axis in close.
The file is larger but…
Hängepflanze_jardin+colgante_Swap.skp (8.8 MB)

1 Like

Ah okay. I see that you foud the original model in the warehouse. Maybe I try the older Plugin from 2014 and see if its working.

Okay that works a lot better. Its still not perfect, but way smaller than before. Kind of annoying that its such a hassle to do :confused:

What does this model look like in Lumion?
ghiveci-03.skp (10.7 MB)

in Blender

It uses more disc space, but the simplest thing to do might be to open the component and explode everything inside it, possibly down to raw geometry. Components save disc space, but SketchUp or any application will have to generate and process all the geometry anyway so it has no effect on performance. Components with heavy nesting even run slightly faster when exploded.

Any solution for this? I have more than a thousand components/groups, so I just can’t check each one of them. I found some that had the axis very far away and I changed those, but apparently there are more, what ca I do? Please.