Blender Discussion

But why is that Aaron? It’s not the people participating in this thread — and trying to do so respectfully — that are hiding Chipp’s posts. It’s a small number of Super-Users that have been given permission to hide other users posts without any transparent indication of who is objecting or why. I created a thread about this problem, and this is exactly why.

Chipp’s posts on Blender are the most helpful and informative available on the topic. To say that including a link to (free) video content of his that directly addresses the content at hand is spam — well, WTF?

There are many SU users that are looking to incorporate Blender into their workflow as an adjunct to SU, since as Justin correctly points out, it is not a direct competitor to SU.

There is no better resource for SU users learning Blender than Chipp and the content he has created (some paid, some not). He has been generous in sharing his knowledge and experience, and has tried to respect the rules of the forum and its users.

I have a great deal of respect for Chipp for his professional knowledge, experience and skills — as well as personally for his resilience and fortitude in facing his cancer.

I also respect most of his ‘adversaries’ here for their knowledge and tremendous contributions to the forum — but not for their behind-the-scenes hall-monitoring of Chipp’s posts. They had a point when there were off-topic posts in other threads, but here — in a thread specifically created to avoid that aspect of the issue? What is it but low-grade bullying at this point?

What I object to is the passive-aggressive harassment against Chipp that has (unknown) users visiting a Corner Bar / Blender thread to prevent Chipp from talking about Blender by anonymously hiding his posts.

This is directly contrary to the reasoning that you provided for having anonymous/unexplained hiding in this thread: Question about Anonymous Flagging

As Chipp says, either ban all discussion of Blender or reign in the anonymous users who are escalating this conflict— simply because they object to Chipp’s POV.

5 Likes