Big problems with dxf export and import please help

Ok now I figured something out. Something must be wrong in my configurations somewhere.
I can open up sketch up and use the “Interior production design template inch”.
Than I will draw a square 10" by 10 " piece. Now I will mark it and go to “file” export to dxf in inches.
Than when reopening sketch up in the same inch template I designed it in, than import the dxf file I just created, it will show me a 120"x120" square instead as if i had it drawn in 10’x10’ however I exported it as a 10"x10" in an inch template…

But if I draw it up in inches, in the inch or mm template, than dxf export in mm instead, now when openning the mm template and importing it, it will be all proper dimensions!!!

summerize : inch template/Inch exoport → inch template/import
10"x10" 120"x120" wrong

inch template/mm export    -> inch template/import
              10"x10"                                        3048"x3048"                 wrong

inch template/mm export    ->  mm template/import
              10"x10"                                       254mmx254mm              correct

mm template/mm export     ->  mm template/import
              254mmx254mm                            254mmx254mm             correct

can someone explain this?

Sure. It’s your chosen import units. What units have you selected before importing the DXF file into SketchUp. I’ll bet it’s set to Feet. Click on Options in the import window to check and adjust it to Inches.