Auth Token cannot be used

" Auth Token cannot be used. The User must sign in". I am encountering this message when I try to open up multiple SketchUp files on my desk top. I am signed in. What’s going on. I’ve never encountered that before. I am using SketchUp Pro 2022 and my license is up to date. Any help?

Try signing out of SketchUp, quit the software fully and sign again - that fixes most issues like this.

When using a forum it helps to look around a bit.

Same here ! Signing out is not a solution. Someone any other advice ?

1 Like

Is the sign out not working for you?

Yes now it did !

Based on advice from another topic thread on the same issue, I signed out of SketchUp using the “Help” tool in the software and then signed back in again using the “Help” tool in SketchUp. So far, smooth sailing.

2 Likes

I have seen this twice today.

Auth Token cannot be used. The User must sign in

I actually reinstalled Pro 2022 and still when I try to open another .skb while being in one already, I get this message. I really do not have time for these bugs. It is very frustrating. I have been using SketchUp for like 16 years and never have seen this problem until installing 2022.

Where is SketchUp on this?

1 Like

Reinstalling doesn’t change the AppData and usually takes longer than signin out and back in.
Some data might get corrupted when the servers have a fall out, like some days ago.
If one knows where to look for those files (webcache folder and login_session.dat) you better remove those instead of reinstalling.

I had already tried signing in and out multiple times and still would get the message even when it shows I am signed in. That was the first thing I tried. I mean every problem is not user error. It just seems SketchUp is not monitoring the forums much. And how is a normal user suppose to know about the appdata issue you mentioned. We are designers, contractors, builders, whatever, not computer geeks. The geeks are suppose to keep these things fixed so we can build things. Come on man.

And why does big brother have to know every time I open a different file on my pc? I have to be logged in to open files on my own desktop? Jesus.

2 Likes

For the prices we are paying, they should have their login process work better. We don’t work for them ~ they should be doing their own debugging.

4 Likes

Thanks for this - solutions in that forum topic worked for me. What a pisser though . .

1 Like

Hope it doesn’t happen again. My colleagues in support had a very busy week.

This is happening again. Second kpbarbee, when using Sketchup I’ve had to become my own IT department. I’m already opening Sketchup files directly from my Mac’s file folders in response to another work-around which contracts the tag window so as to be unreadable. For all I know that’s causing the unauthorized token issue. All of this has to be fixed as soon as possible for those of us in voluntary servitude to the Sketchup app for the rest of our professional lives.

1 Like

The Name column issue happens half of the time, and is unrelated to the auth token problem. That issue only showed up with 2021.1.2, if you are using 2020 you shouldn’t be seeing that problem. It’s fixed in the current 2022.0.1 version.

Someone else also reported the auth token issue today. It seems like it isn’t yet fixed. Try the signing out and in from the Help menu idea, or delete this file and reopen SketchUp:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2022/login_session.dat

You can get to that file by using the Go menu in Finder, and choose Go to Folder… then paste in the text I gave.

If you are using 2020, change the text to say 2020 instead of 2022.

Do you mean if I’m using 2022, to change the filename text to 2020?

If you are using 2022, the text I gave is correct. If you were using 2020 (which your profile says you are), then the path would be:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2020/login_session.dat

I will change my profile. I am using 22.0.315.

Thanks. The current version is 22.0.353, and it has some useful fixes in it (including the Name column issue). It won’t help with the auth token problem, but is worth having. Here’s the Mac disk image:

https://www.sketchup.com/sketchup/SketchUpPro-full-dmg