Anyone interested in making models for free?

sorry i asked a couple of questions on here. i thought this was the place to ask these questions but appearantly all i get is a bunch of critisim. thanks to those that actually helped me.

You actually told us you aren’t interested in taking a little time to learn how to use SketchUp…

And you aren’t willing to give anything in return. You expect it to be done for free.

Had you actually asked for guidance on how to model it yourself, you’d have been inundated with help.

12 Likes

I think the photos are very complex and more ambitious than you probably really want and that causes modelers to not be likely to spend a lot of time modeling them for you for free. I am assuming that you want a model of these implements pretty simple if you are just making wooden toys. Even so…not knowing your woodworking abilities it would certainly be better for you to model them yourself since you are better able to choose the complexity suited to your ability in creating a wooden model. Even determining that would seem to take quite a bit of time.

3 Likes

dont know that i will ever come here for help if everyone is this rude except for a few of you.

i know they are complex, the models created dont have to be as i can add the little details on to the wooden model afterwards.

Calling people rude because they encourage you to do your own work is also rude and unproductive. Asking for free work, and providing no specs or compensation, is also a bit rude. Did you really expect someone to research this vehicle, find out all the dimensions, model it accurately and send it to you for nothing?

This forum is amazing for getting help. There are many users here who go out of their way to help people get their models competed. It’s downright amazing. Perhaps if you had started yourself and needed some assistance, you’d have had a better reaction.

You might find this lesson applies to much of life. You won’t find a lot of people doing free projects, especially those that are not exactly simple to do. Best of luck. I encourage you to try this yourself. The time you spent here asking repeatedly and then accusing people for being rude could have been used to finish this on your own.

10 Likes

i didnt mean everyone on this forum just a few that just had to make a not so nice comment to make them feel happy.

No, this is indeed the place to ask questions, just not the place to put in ridiculous requests for literally days of free work all for your benefit and in as short a time as possible :joy:. You need to have a word with yourself if you think anyone’s going to give you all that for free…you gotta be a millenial with that total lack of self awareness coupled with an expectation of a free lunch.

We’re all more than happy to help with SketchUp questions and give advice, just not give a total stranger endless hours of our free time for absolutely zero benefit. Seriously, what did you expect?

7 Likes

i wasnt expecting the answers that i got.

Had you asked “How could I model the frame of this” or “I’m having problems modeling the hydraulic hoses”. You would have have many people trying to help you.

Your profile says you have SketchUp Pro. Why? If your not going to take the time to learn how to use it?

1 Like

i dont really want to argue on here anymore. i only have sketchup pro because of the 30 day free trial, i do know how to do some of the more simple things on sketchup. i was planning on creating the models on my own buut as i said before i dont have time to create them.

Enough! Enough already! sagefarmer, if you hadn’t already noticed there are many talented and experienced people on this forum willing to give their time freely to anybody willing to simply have a go - as they had already for you, before this thread became bogged in useless rhetoric. It is painfully obvious to all except you, that you are not willing to give it a crack. The forum is titled Commercial (means you pay!) and Collaborative (means you work with someone) Work. Therefore it is hardly surprising that there is (polite) dissension if you intend to do neither.

13 Likes

Did you read the title :slight_smile: Just 5 minutes of fame and “Thank you”. it was asked do it for free