Animation image set creating weird coloured components

I hope someone could shed some light on an issue I have been having:
When I render a jpg image set for a walkthrough, some materials go crazy. On the left side, the perennials and tree have gone to white and dark blue from their original photograph of the plant. Also, the plants behind the fire table are rendered incorrectly.

Sketchup studio 2022 with point cloud
rendered from jpg image set file–>export–>animation–>Save as type “.jpg” - image 1070 of 2882

screenshot of the scene

System:
Win11
Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16.0 GB (15.8 GB usable)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
file is on a ADATA SSD (USB) drive

Hard to tell exactly with seeing the file. My guess is that the original textures on those plants are png files with transparency and since .jpg files don’t support transparency, they are getting rendered incorrectly. You might also look at face orientation and default face colors.

Thank @DaveR I have .checked to see if the face is front or backward. Corrected a few faces. They are all jpg images with no transparency. I try to avoid png images for my plants and choose to do a close trim around the image for the face me conponent.

I thought it was the pngs that have the issues with the transparency? Pngs files can handle a transparency as a color, whereas jpg does not allow for transparency as a color within the file.

1. I have copied the file onto the main drive from the external SSD
  2. Set styles to rendering transparency nicer
  3. Ensured all faces were facing the correct way

Hopefully, that solves the issue.
Thanks
Kevin

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.