Always learning

Thats a good idea !
As per your reply I opened the leg for editing and was able to move the rebate, thank you
I didn’t word my post very well though, i was wanting to know if I could move the component and the rebate at the one time ?

Good question.
The geometry is protected by Groups/Preferably Components for things like this, so moving the member doesn’t have any effect on the “context” of the leg. You have to change the cut separately as you found out.

If you didn’t use Groups/Components then the geometry would all be stuck together and you could move it as one. But I think that would be a really bad idea as you’d have trouble in many other areas.

It’s best to kept each piece a Component.

You could, see attached. But you would have to be inside the same group to access it otherwise it is protected. You’d also want to inference or select an axis to keep the move clean.
Also it can be handy to switch to “wireframe” view when making some selections to see what you’ve got.

Thanks Ian
I think I will leave it alone, it all seems a bit complicated for me at this stage

Thanks Whiterabbit
Thats a good example, but I think for me now I will not try and complicate things too much