AI for Counting/Extending Exact Sized Shapes (Tile Flooring Design)

Does anyone know of an extension or other resource to count the same sized shapes in a SketchUp model? How about even mass extending/repeating a designated shape in a defined area?

I am tasked with imaging several large tile flooring or landscape paver designs for a friend and allot of the work is quite repetitive. At the bare minimum, it would be very helpful to have a running count of how many tiles/pavers would be needed (especially the designs where there are two or more sizes involved). If nothing like this application currently, please feel free to run with making the idea a reality…

Peace,
Dr. Z.

In normal practice you know how many tiles are needed per area unit, and you multiply that count with the area to be tiled, plus an amount of spill to get to the quantity you have to purchase. SketchUp shows the area of a face or a selection of faces in Entity Info, plus you can get the total area of any applied material by right-clickin on the material in the In Model section of the Materials browser.

Yes, basic math is wonderful and I use the Entity Info allot. However, for the same reason that I use a scientific calculator on my iPhone instead of a slide rule or chalk board, I repeat my question; Is there an AI extension or other resource that quickly and accurately sums up exact shapes OR is able to extend the imagery? This is even more needed when the target area that holds such shapes changes on the fly in testing various design options.

Peace,
Dr. Z.