Advanced Search Gone?!?!?

What happened to the ‘Advanced Search’ feature? (Little arrow on the right side of the search bar). It is no longer available. Why has it been removed?

Personally, I loved using this feature so I can see what new models were uploaded. As many of you know, some folks don’t properly name their models, so searching by date was the best way for me to find new/cool models.

Please bring this feature back!

Ha! Glad you noticed! Type something: we’ve added suggestions… if you don’t like the suggestions based on our data, advanced search will be at the bottom.

Wow! That’s GREAT! Thanks for pointing it out. Though it’s a bit hidden, I’m glad the advanced search feature is still present. Thanks again to the Sketchup team for all their hard work!
– Patrick

Stay tuned! It will only get easier and better to use. Thanks for the feedback.

Advanced search seems gone now since yesterday when I open link. When clicking on advanced search option in Google - https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/advancedsearch.html?backendClass=both&hl=en , it say “You have found a place Trimble hasn’t been to … yet.” 3 days ago I could still use it. I can’t see anything on main page referring to advanced search. Are you perhaps updating the site and this feature?

I have always used the adv. search and using dates from ‘new to old’ in order to get the latest models. This was the easiest way as some model names has only a number and not proper name to identify it.

I hope it will be back soon!

Regards,

Laura

Hi Laura,

You are right, we have made some changes in our back end that changed the URLs somewhat. The advanced search is still there. Please see our Help Center article that explains how to do it.

This blog post on using Categories may help as well.

I hope this helps.

Peter